Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #2691
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MAME is making you happy, huh, Wiseman? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I've started Valkirie profile though the begining is a bit slow or opened, IMO it is a bit boring, but it has pretty nice features, perhaps the incredible animation it shows, is impressive.

  2. #2692
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WoWoWoWoWoWoWoWoWoW

  3. #2693
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Cataferal: Well, I've tried Forza Motorsport a bit at a friends but to tell the truth it doesn't seem like it's a better game. It's very hard to drive (all the opposite of MSR/PGR, the (IMO) best controlling racing games ever), cars feel slow and heavy, and graphics run at a disappointing 30 fps; all of this gives the impression of racing in slow motion. I didn't like it at all.


    IRT Melfice: Yup, I had a taste of the past last week.

  4. #2694
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Its a major letdown when any racing game in this day and age finds itself running at 30fps. I mean, whats the point? Xbox and Gamecube games like this are usually overated because there isnt anything better on the console, and their owners need something to equate to the PS2's impressive game catalogue. I'll still definitely give it a go though, i need to get the most out of my Xbox before its phased out in favour of the X360 (due next month).

    Meanwhile, recently ive been playing Grandia III. Im opening a spoiler-free topic for those who have questions about it.

  5. #2695
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    But there's at least one great driving series for the Xbox (Project Gotham Racing) and one that's fun as hell (Outrun 2); in fact, if I'm ever asking my friend for his Xbox for a couple of weeks it'll be to play PGR3, Outrun 2, Otogi, and Jade Empire.

    Come to think of it, other people didn't seem to care for Outrun 2 that much. Maybe I love it because, as we are discussing in the "Games: Those were the days...." thread, I played and loved Outrun and this brings back sweet memories. I just love it with the old tunes and gameplay. Friend also asks why I insist on using manual transmission while I have automatic in every other game. It's because Outrun was always manual, and in Outrunners, you sucked if you didn't have manual.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ August 21, 2005 09:32 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  6. #2696
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Outrun 2 is made to be fun, it was an arcade before a console game. I love the "heart attack mode" just because of the name XDDDDDD

    In a very few days, i'll be enjoying of more PSX RPG goodness... Chrono Cross and Grandia!

  7. #2697
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh yeshhh...in week i should be receiving my new PC (more info on that later), so i should be doing something similar. Im hoping to emulate a lot of my current PSX games on it, since i rely on the disc-swap method of playing imports (such as FF4-6, CT, CC, XG etc...), and it gets tedious pulling out the original Playstation everytime to do it. Plus i want to minimise those load times and improve the graphics.

  8. #2698
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations ^_^ Count on me for any help regarding configuring that. IIRC all these games work fine, and you can get:

    - Savestates
    - Very fast loading
    - Fast forwards
    - Slow motion
    - Arbitrary resolution
    - Bilinear texture filtering
    - 2xSaI on textures (higher res looking textures)
    - Cheats, I suppose

  9. #2699
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm officially a WoW fanatic, but when my 10 day free guest pass expires on wednesday evening, i'm going back to good old Guild Wars. Until I can get a game card or something. I also want to finish collecting the hidden stuff in Burnout3 finally, on my holiday I did a lot of it, and altho this game is uber fun in multi player (specially in Road Rage, whammo!) I want to finish it fully. And I hope I will ahve the time to do it.
    School starts, and it's gonna be a real tough year, which I'm not loooking forward to. Byebye freetime.

  10. #2700
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not really about myself playing, but I got one of my co-workers into Xenogears.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •